Knee pain affects millions of people around the world and, of course, it is a great inconvenience for those who suffer from it, is it your case? The origin of this condition may be injury, overexertion, arthritis or other diseases. Since these causes often vary widely, it is important that patients receive proper diagnosis and treatment. In this article, we will tell you about the factors that affect the proper functioning of this part of the body, as well as the different ways to alleviate this discomfort.
Why does knee pain occur?
Kneecap or patella pain is a very common pathology. In fact, it is estimated that almost 70% of the population over 35 years of age suffers from some type of joint pain. Undoubtedly, a rather alarming percentage that we cannot ignore.
Joints, such as the knee joint, are complex structures that serve to join two or more bones, allowing them to move. They are composed of bones, tendons, ligaments, articular cartilage and synovial membrane. When any of these parts is damaged, pain arises. As we have advanced before, the houses behind this condition are diverse. These are some of the most frequent:
- Ligament injury: Occurs when the external or internal ligaments are stretched or torn due to an injury or unusual movement.
- Patella injuries: Occurs when the patella is displaced from its normal position or torn.
- Tendonitis: This condition causes inflammation and pain in the tendons around the knee. It can develop as a result of repetitive activities or excessive strain.
- Bursitis: It is the result of inflammation of the bags called bursae around the knee. As in tendinitis, it usually manifests itself when doing repetitive activities or overexertion of the knee.
- Arthritis: This is a chronic disease that affects the joints causing inflammation and discomfort.
- Lupus: This autoimmune disease affects many organs and systems in the body, including the joints. Specifically, it causes inflammation in these areas, resulting in pain, stiffness and swelling.
- Breast cancer: Treatments for breast cancer, such as aromatase inhibitors, often have a major impact on joints.
The importance of collagen, calcium, and synovial fluid in the knee.
The reasons that trigger this situation in the knee and other parts of the body are often related to physical activity and accidents. However, they are not the only triggers for this discomfort. Other common causes are lack of collagen, calcium or decreased synovial fluid. All these elements play very important roles in ensuring the proper functioning of the joints:
- Synovial fluid is a lubricating substance that is essential for reducing friction between joint surfaces. This allows the joints to move fluidly, with less resistance and less risk of injury. Synovial fluid also acts as a cushion between these surfaces, absorbing shock and decreasing pressure on the soft tissues in the area. In addition, it contains essential nutrients that help maintain healthy joints.
- Collagen is a protein that provides structural support to joint tissues, helps maintain the elasticity of ligaments and tendons and can eliminate joint inflammation and pain. Collagen also reduces joint wear and tear and increases resistance to injury and mobility.
- Finally, calcium provides strength and stability to the bone and connective tissue around the joint, making it easier for the body to support its weight and prevent injury. It also promotes the production of synovial fluid. Calcium deficiency can cause arthritis, bone weakening and chronic discomfort. Therefore, maintaining an adequate level of calcium in the body is essential to ensure joint health.
To ensure the proper functioning of the joints and prevent discomfort, avoiding excess weight and eating a varied and healthy diet must be a priority.
In case you already suffer from this pathology, there are food supplements that serve as a palliative. These are products with which you will obtain beneficial substances for this ailment such as calcium, collagen or vitamin D, which is responsible for calcium absorption and bone formation. They’ll give you that extra boost your joints need!
Want to start relieving knee pain? With Phytogen Medical Foods and Olimina 3 you can do it. This product is specifically designed to reduce joint discomfort thanks to the synergistic effect of natural ingredients curcumin, omega-3 and hydroxytyrosol. Access our website if you want to improve your well-being and quality of life! Your body will thank you.
More information about OLIMINA3®